Saturday, May 26, 2012

Daranak Falls: Ang tunay na Tourist Spot

I rarely travel within my hometown since I don't know if there is one place I can really be proud of. I'm always telling my friends to "love your own" pero ako mismo hindi. :$

I saw a picture of my mom and my brother in Daranak falls about 10 years ago, which I got envious definitely. It's a company outing then. My mom told me I was either in Baguio or Bulacan during that time that's why she only brought my kuya. (Note: I always spend my summer vacation either in both places. Never in Rizal. hihihi!)

Zac, my baby, will turn 1 at the end of May (OMG! Has it been a year already?) We're planning a road trip to Ilocos or Bicol back then but until now, it remain as a plan pa rin. And I don't think we can make it happen soon. Mother's day came kaya, walang kaabog-abog, we planned the day before. I texted my kuya, who is now residing in Laguna, to come home for a day trip. Anyway, when was the last time since we traveled together as a family.

Barbeque, Spaghetti, Gardenia Bread, Ensaladang Mangga at Mango Juice - everything was prepared by my mom. Kami na ang walang kwentang anak pag mother's day. Hahaha! Then we went... Tara! Ligo tayo!

Refreshing Daranak Falls
I just love chasing the water falls. It has the power to rejuvenate me. I always feel I am one with nature. I feel the serenity within.... 

But not this time. Take a look on what's happening on the surface.

Hala! Anyare?!!?!?!

Outing. It's more fun in the Philippines. Agree?

Tourist spot ba kamo?

Being in different parts of the Philippines searching for pristine beaches, breath-taking underwater world, serene lakes, majestic falls, or just a charming spot to spend a day, this is really way beyond what I'm looking for. However, the experience was something different. Real. If you think I didn't dare join these people, you're wrong. Ako pa! E usisera ako. hihihih!

box office ang platform?
My younger brother is busy looking for life buoy since the shop always ran out of stocks. Everyone wants to go near the falls but like me, not everyone knows how to swim. Fail. hihihi! My kuya can swim so he can tell that the depth is immeasurable. E di siya na. hahaha! It was fun swimming with them (kung swimming bang maituturing ang pagtalon-talon lang sa pwesto. lol!)

Ang classic lang ng feeling. Just like the good old times when my family, together with my other relatives, made a lot of memories in the nearby river sa Province namin. I don't know if you have heard of "Bakas". It was featured in Korina Sanchez' show before. Kinukuha daw ng ilog na yun ang mga dayo. Ang choosy! Scary? Yes, since the usual conversation goes "kinuha na si ____, sino na kaya ang susunod na alay?" Kaloka talaga. hahaha!

Ang sikip ng mundo Ate Charo

Nakakatuwa kasi whenever someone attempts to jump from the platform, the crowd screams "tatalon na yan! tatalon na yan!" just like in showtime. hahaha! I remember may isang bading na gusto rin makitalon kaya lang narealize niyang hindi pala niya kaya.. aatras na sana siya pero huli na ang lahat...ayun tinulak siya. Pagod na kasi siguro ang tao kakasigaw at humahaba na ang pila ng madlang people. hahaha! Mga adik lang.



kuya, mama, me, kevin (kung sino pa ang babae, siya pang ulikba. hmp!)

After ten years of struggling to reach the falls, we managed to climb the rocks para lang mag pose. Babala! Ang mga susunod na larawan ay lubhang nakaka-umay. ^_^ Patnubay ng magulang ay kailangan.

My un-kabogable mama with my younger brother

Walang kwenta ang diet ko!
If you were able to reach this part, salamat. Peace mama. Ginusto mo yan. hahahah! What I didn't like about the place? Marami. Isa isahin natin.

1. Makalat (for obvious reason.. natural, marami ang magkakalat e)
2. Walang Crowd Control. Kahit wala ng lamesa sa loob, pinapapasok pa rin nila ang mga tao.
3. Walang matinong shower area. Ok na sakin yung poso lang, basta may lugar na pwedeng pag shower-an kahit hindi enclosed.
4. May CR pero apat na cubicle lang. San nila balak isisiksik ang nuknukan ng daming tao na yan? Mag-aasin talaga ang wiwi mo.
5. Walang patubig like lababo man lang na may gripo. Ni pang hugas ng kamay, kakailanganin mo pang pumunta sa CR na box office.

Hayz! This place can be as beautiful as it is 10 years ago if only the people took care of it. If I would be asked if I'm going to recommend it? You already know my answer.

Rock Balancing (Rating then and now)

The reason for my sentiments...

Sino bang hindi dudumugin sa ganitong halaga?


Woot! There's a whole lot more
I was surprised to see this poster just in front of the path way to Daranak. I'm missing a lot of great spots which I think rarely visited by tourists. I did a little research and found out you can reach those places by hiking. I'm not fit to try that strenuous activity (or should I say tamad lang.) You knew I cannot carry myself anymore. I had health issues before and I don't want to go back to the times wherein medicines are like candies to me.

If you were able to reach one of those, please feel free to make kwento... I'd love to hear it.

The part I hated the most... How to get there portion. hahaha! May sa pusa ako kaya hindi ko tanda kung pano kami nakarating. But I can google it for you, kaya naman....

Following the Manila East Road, a fork ensues: take the left turn – it is a fast lane to Laguna. From Antipolo, Tanay is a one-hour drive. The turning point is 3 kilometers from the start of Brgy. Plaza Aldea (a sign marks the spot). From there is another 0.5 km of driving; parts of the road are not cemented. Click here for the source.
If you are traveling by commute, here's how. You can a ride a Jeep or Passenger Van going to Tanay in Edsa Central or Star Mall Shaw, and the last stop of it is in Tanay Town Market. From Tanay Market, you can ride a Trike (a three wheel jeepney) or a tricycle going to Daranak Falls, you have also to negotiate with the trike driver to pick-up you on the time that you want to leave the Daranak Falls since there was no transport available coming back to the Tanay Town Market. I suggest to you to ride a Trike rather that a Tricycle because the tricycle cannot bring you at the Gate of the Daranak falls, and you will have to take a 6-10 minutes walk before you can be at the Entrance Gate. Click here ulit for the source.

19 comments:

Nicole said...

grabe!! Ang daming tao! Haha! Buti may nababagsakan pang tubig ang mga tumatalon at hindi sinasalo na lang ng mga tao sa baba! Hehe!

Dami ngang magagandang place malapit sten ( Marikina lang ako. ), pero parang mas masaya kasi ang may medyo malayong biyahe, hindi iyong unting tumbling lang! Haha!

John Marx Velasco said...

Ang daming tao!!

soloflightEd said...

wow! ganun din ang comment ko. andaminnnnnnnnnnnngggg tao!!!! hahaha. showtime talaga? hahahahahahhaha

uminit ba ang tubig? hehehe

-- labo ng comment ko. bwahahahaha

Micamyx|Senyorita said...

Wow may space pa ba for new group of barkadahan in the waterfall?!? hehehe di pa ako nakakapunta dyan pero dati nga lagi ko nakikita yan sa mga listahan ng must-see waterfalls in the philippines. Panalo talaga si mother haha kabog ka as always :P

Kura said...

@nicole - hahaha! korek. nakakatakot ngang tumapat sa may platform. Bangas ang ulo ko pag nagkataon. Pag hindi summer maganda diyan kasi super lakas daw ng bagsak ng tubig chaka, kokonti ang tao. Try ko next time

@marx - naman! nakakatakot tumapak sa tubig, feeling ko mabibiktima ako ng basag basag na bote ng mga tumador. Dami din kasing lasenggo. Hindi kasi ipinagbabawal

@ed - hahah! hindi malabo ang comment mo. nakuha ko yun. lol! Sa may mga bata, laging mainit ang tubig. hahaha! Pakiramdam ko punong puno na ko ng wiwi. ewwwwwness. hahaha!

@mica - hay naku, siya pa nga ang nag-aya sakin sa falls mismo para walang epal daw sa picture niya. kaloka talaga ang mama ko. hahaha! Yes, sikat siya noon. I guess sikat pa rin naman ang Daranak ngayon kaya lang, mataas na ang standard ng mga katulad natin (naks!) dami na kasi natin nakitang magaganda e. kaya hindi na dinadayo.

KULAPITOT said...

grabe parang may riot!

pusangkalye said...

Shame on me kasi taga Binangonan Rizal ako and ang lapit na ng TANAY pero never been to DARANAK FALLS.hahaha.di masyadong marami ang tao no?lols

Mitch said...

Hindi na ko nagulat sa jampacked ng tao jan. Nakapunta na ko dito 3yrs ago ata. Dami ding tao. At ang tubig di ko na alam ang kulay eh. Pro kahit ganun pa man, natuwa ulit ako sa post na to..may aliw package sa madlang people! PAK!

Aleah | SolitaryWanderer.com said...

Nakakahiya mang sabihin, di pa rin ako nakakarating jan hehe Heard about it for some time, though. Sana nga one of these days mapuntahan ko rin. Sayang lang hindi na summer!

Unknown said...

After mabasa yung post ni marxtermind, dumayo naman ako dito... at grabeee! haha! ulitin ko lang...ang daming tao! nakakatuwa naman, parang matatawa ka nlng kesa mabwisit kasi wala ka nang magagawa.

I like your family pics... gwapo ni bunso ha, hehehe!

blissfulguro said...

grabe andami tao! last time i was there eh nung CAT training namin nung 4th year ako... that was in 2000... pero di pa ganyan kadami tao.. hihi.. ang bongga lang ng parokyano :)

anney said...

Ang mura namn pala ng entrance kaya jampacked!heheh!

Unknown said...

Daming people! I reckon sa Batlag Falls medyo konti yung tao.

I love ur site. the humour sa mga posts mo will never bore the readers. I hope you can visit my site too or even add me on your bloglist. Happy Travels!

-Jan Ashlee, breakawayph.blogspot.com

bertN said...

Masyadong maraming tao! And they all have to pay to get in?

Piggybear Travels said...

ang daming tao, sad to say hndi pa ako nakakapunta jan :(

Unknown said...

marami na pala ang tao.. i'm planning to visit pa naman sana... - napadaan lang po.. nice blog... :)

WANDER SHUGAH said...

Ive seen this on tv! Kalerqui ung dami ng tao. Maarte ako ewan ko lng if maenjoy ko ung pg eemote ko sa dami ng tao jan :P Nonetheless, Daranak Falls is truly a beauty.

Batang Lakwatsero said...

hihi, blockbuster much.
pero mukhang enjoy naman kayo sa pagsawsaw :)

kawawa naman yung bading..

panalo ang shots ni mama :)

Christian | Lakad Pilipinas said...

yan ang tunay na tourist spot! hahaa.. teka baka pag off-peak naman, mga bente lang ang tao jan