Sunday, May 6, 2012

Traveling with the Original Kuracha - My Mom (Authentic yan! hihi!)

Most of my friends already know how close we are since we've been traveling a lot together (at bida bidahan din siya sa blog ko.) I guess it's safe to say she's the coolest mom ever. Well just to give you an idea, she can wear a two-piece at the age of 55. I swear. How as that? ^_^ In fairness naman sa kanya, hindi siya mukang nagmumurang kamatis unlike "D" ever famous mom. Pero ang masaklap dun, hindi ko kaya ang pinaggagagawa niya. hahaha! I can still remember, while we were in Malcapuya Island, Coron way back 2009, I saw her removing her cover up..


Me: "Mama, nakakahiya! Wag ka ngang maghubad dito."
Mama: "Ay pakealam ba nila no. Hindi naman nila ako kilala e. Dali picturan mo na ko."

Wala daw paki pero pinagmamadali ako. hahah! Ito na yun...

She's sexy and I know it (sana lang tinanggal ang salamin. Fail. hihihi!)


Nang magdilim ang langit.. hahaha!

Ayan binagyo tuloy kami. lol! Joke. I can't deny the fact that the camera loves her. She seems to enjoy every click. Wala talagang pilitan. If I tell her "Dapa!", "Higa!", "Gulong sa sand!", she'll do it effortlessly. I'm happy to see her that way. My mom never experienced this when she was still at a young age. And fulfilling her dream is a pleasure for me. hehehe! Actually, these trips opened up her mind on the idea of me doing solo backpacking. Asking permission was a breeze.

Whenever we're together, we talk endlessly. We never ran out of topic to share. And because of that,  I got used to questions like.. 

Usisero: "Mommy mo?
Me: "Ay hindi po.... Anak ko!"

Oo na. Maganda na siya kesa sakin (Bitter? hahaha!)


Join us as I share our mother-and-daughter affair..

  • Baguio - It was the first time my mom enjoyed the Panagbenga Parade. She asked me to go with her as she got envious of my pictures way back 2007 (not a blogger then), because I showcased the uncrowded-yet-charming places of Baguio. Actually, even without a car (because we don't know how to drive), she chose to left my father behind (Ang KJ daw kasi. hihihi!) That's the reason why we haven't had a trip together. He's not into it.

Panagbenga 2011

  • Guimaras and Bacolod - Last year, I celebrated my 26th birthday with my mom exploring western Visayas. We really had a great time eating their famous delicacies. And if pounds can talk, it'll shout out for "MORE!" We plan to go back for a weekend just to take home Calea Cakes. Kami ng matakaw!

Kabog ang off-shoulders ko

Anong sinabi ng Golden Statwa...




  • Quezon Province - We spent the holy week in this quaint town together. This is one of the most memorable trip for me because I had embraced her set of friends and their family. It's as if we've known each other for so long. I'm really glad I joined my mom. Another reason why I loved it was because it's the first time I ever felt the true meaning of Holy Week season. 

  • Bohol and Cebu - This is supposedly a family trip but since we ran out of budget, it's just me, my mom and my younger brother. We got to explore the serene island of Malapascua, Cebu and Bohol's Country Side. Though we had a lot of mishaps for this trip, we just pampered ourselves eating our heart out in Loboc and the forbidden Lechon. Because of this, I can't help but to return in Bohol a month after. It's lovelier the second time around.  

Panaghoy sa Chorva

On August, I will treat them both in Boracay as promised. Hihihi! It will be our first time so I'm looking forward for another fun-filled adventures. 

Talking about our dream trip, since my mom and I are both hopeless romantic, it's not hard to tell that we have the same dream destination - South Korea, the most romantic place on earth (well.. for us. hihihi!)

As much as we love Rain, Bae Yoon Joon and Jang Dong Gun (yes, even my mom have a crush on them), we also want to reminisce the scenes of korean series that made us fall on our knees, giggled as a highschool student and cried like there's no tomorrow.

And I can't blame my mom.. Ang yu-yummy lang


At dahil like mother, like daugther, gumagawa din siya ng sarili niyang lakwatsa. One day, she told us she got an invitation to be a model and be away for quite a few days. Coming from a mother, you might have an idea what was our reaction. Hahaha! And to think she was already 50 years old then... But we were so amazed at how it turned out.. Judge it for yourself.

 Aba aba aba at pumapayong shot din. hahaha!

if I know, nag-eemote pa yan, silhouette naman. lol!

at may paganung-ganun pang nalalaman.. ^_^

And for the win....

ako na ang may hubaderang nanay. lol!

If you have it, flaunt it! Naka naman... O ikaw nagsabi niyan. Wag mo kong papatayin. Sige ka ikaw din. Walang magdadala sayo sa Korea. hahahaha! I love you so much! <3 Happy Mother's day Ma. I know you'll love me more. Chos!

Note: For how many years, it became the center piece in our living room. Guests can't help but to gaze upon it wide-eyed. Unfortunately, Ondoy happened and the flood reached half of it. Ayun, hindi na namin isinabit.. napulmunya ang picture. hihihi!


Related Articles: A Special Entry for my Mom

______________________________________________________________________________________



This is my entry to the Pinoy Travel Bloggers' blog carnival for the month of May 2012, with the theme Traveling with your mom (A mother's day special) hosted by Alvin Sabay of The World Behind my Wall.






______________________________________________________________________________________

Photo Credits to Aaron Cayabyab (Claps for a job well done)
Other Source: Heartthrobs Pics 1,2 and 3

25 comments:

John Marx Velasco said...

Panalo talaga Mama mo Maricar! Hahaha! Posing kung posing.

Unknown said...

Ang sexy ni mommy! Great post Car!

iamjessiegarcia said...

i love the last pic ni mommy... bongga... ^^

soloflightEd said...

beautiful entry about your mother and travelling.

naks, talbog ka na sa last pic! hahaha. astig ng mga photos nya.

Donnie Ray said...

wakomasey sa mom mo. ang HOT! parang gusto kong maging amiga si mother. ^_^

Kat said...

ang cool ng mom mo..kinakabog ang anak! hahaha

SunnyToast said...

winner c mother...I love the last photo:)

advance happy mothers day to your mom:)

bisayangmanlalakbay said...

Astig ng mom mo. Nice photos :-)

joan | the backpack chronicles said...

pak na pak ang last picture ng mommy mo! For the win!

Micamyx|Senyorita said...

Ang kulit! Hehehe may pinag-manahan naman pala eh hehe :P sexy ni mother dear woot parang gusto ko tuloy kayong makasamang gumala :D

WANDER SHUGAH said...

wow kabog! galing ni mommy!! D ko kinaya ung hubad likod. antaraaaaaaay! I wanna meet your mom! :D

Mitch said...

ANG LUFEEET! Love it Maricar... Happy Mother's to all mom... Nawindang ako sa last pic.. PAK!!! OH ang tarush, mag ko Korea pa ang mag-ina! LOVEIT!

Kura said...

@marx - hahah! nahiya lang siya nung sinundo tayo sa Gensan but once you get to know her, parang ka-edad lang natin

@glad - naman! ako ang walang sinabi. hahah

@jess - korek! edit ko pa sana para mas kita yung curve e kaso baka daigin na sina christine reyes. Charot! thanks!

@ed - salamat! ay naku sinabi mo. Tanggap ko na yan. Actually hindi ko pa to pinapakita sa kanya. sa mother's day na. hihihi!


@donnie - hahah! amiga talaga e no? pwedeng pwede si mother

@kat - lol! kabogera talaga siya. minsan nga pag reunion, mas bongga talaga ang outfit niya sa kin

@sunny toast - hindi ko maimagine ang sarili ko as ganung pose. hahaha! thanks! Happy mother's day to your mom asw well

@bisayangmanlalakbay - thanks! papalakpak ang tenga nun. hahah!

@joan - korek! pwede ng cover ng magazine diba? hihhi!

@mica- my pleasure girl ^_^. kung nagbblog lang si mama, ipapasama ko sa siya sa bagets. hahaha!

@wandershugah - maski ako hindi ko kinaya. hahaha! sure. magset up ako ng fans club niya. lol! maraming salamat! matutuwa siya

@mitch - hay naku girl. feel niya talaga yang mga pictorial. hihih! pero keriboom boom niya kaya ok lang. Pangarap lang namin yung korea. Hindi ko alam kung kelan matutuloy. hihii! salamat! happy mothers day din sa mom mo.

Happy mother's day to all our gorgeous mommies!! <3

bertN said...

Happy Mother's Day sa Mom mo. Parang magkapatid lang kayo.

Chyng said...

grabe unkabogable! very hip and sexy at her age. nahiya ang bochog kong tyan! magdiet na tayo dali!

ure so lucky to have her. ♥

Christian | Lakad Pilipinas said...

haha panalo mommy mo!!! :)

anney said...

Happy mother's day to your super cool Mama!! napaka sexy naman talaga at game na game sa posing-an! Naku ang nanay ko kill joy yun di gaganyan. hehehe!

Pinay Travel Junkie said...

BOOM! Model na model si mommy!

Natawa ako dun sa nagpapicture sya ng nakatwo-piece pero pinagmamadali ka. Hahaha!

blissfulguro said...

shoot! i want that naked shot!

**inggit**

ang bongga lang talaga ni mader! kabog ka teh...

Edmar del Castillo Guquib said...

Nabuo ang araw ko. Nawala ang pagud, puyat at stress. Fan m na ako, frontliner na to ng carnival! Haha. Cool c mother!

Reiza said...

Winner si Mommy. Talagang may pinagmanahan si Kurapengpeng. :) I love your posts. Never fail to make me smile. Paki-extend ng greetings ko sa mom mo ha.

vin said...

this is probably one of the funniest entries in the blog carnival. i so love love love your mom kura! one cool momma!

Peculiarhours said...

cool ni mama mo =)

ardee sean said...

happy mother's day!! this is a really nice treat for mom.. :P

June | Life and Spices said...

O my god..love the lasy shot.hahahaha..