Saturday, August 27, 2011

Your site was tagged as an Attack Page. Now what?

I was shocked when I found out my site was tagged as Malicious by Google few days ago. Thanks for my blogger friend Marx for informing me immediately. If it wasn't for him, I guess all of the sites connected to mine will be the next victim. So thank you so much Marx. Ikaw na si superman. (Libre kita Starbucks! hahaha!) Ito nga pala ang tumambad sa amin kaya namin nalaman..

O diba? Sino bang hindi matatakot niyan?! hahah! Nagngingitngit!

I'm sure you need an explanation why the hell Google tagged your site as such (paninirang puri ito!), just go to http://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=www.example.com (replace example.com with your site). Diagnostic result will appear and if you're that lucky, you'll find the culprit there. As for my first attempt I found nothing except for that Google consider my site as suspicious. If you're not techie enough you'd probably break down and cry cause they left you clueless. Sad isn't it?

Here's what happened:

1. I came across Webmaster Tools after searching for several sites that might help determine the cause. Log in using your blogger account.

2.Click Add a Site button then type in your website. Verify it. Wag mag panic ha..You'll be asked to insert a meta tag to your site. I guess it's for them to check if you are the legitimate owner.


3. Now get rid of the culprit! I found one site very helpful. Sabi dun..

   a. Quarantine your site. Change your password agad agad ok? If you know how, take your site down temporarily.

    b. Assess the damage. There are a lot of ways but Fetch a Googlebot came out handy for me. I usually freak out kasi whenever some sites or help topics require me to insert a meta tag or any script on my site. At least ito copy paste lang. hihihi! 



See the link?

     Here's how:



Just click on Fetch since your website is already there. Hindi ako nakuntento, I added a lot of links which I think madalas din i-view ng mangilan ngilang readers ko. hihihi! Just type the complete URL on the space provided. I may have added a suspected malicious link din kasi sa mga blog post ko. Malay naman natin diba? Having only a total of 77 posts, it's easy for me to copy paste almost everything. hahah! Yan ang praning. Again, after clicking Fetch button, click on Submit URL only to index.You'll see the message "URL submitted to index". Google will find problematic pages using this tool. You may read it's content by clicking the Success link. I did pero wala ako naintindihan. hahah! Anyway, you don't have to worry kasi may next step pa naman. 

Try to check out the diagnostic page that I mentioned a while ago. Sa dinami dami ng binasa't pinaggagawa ko, good thing nag bunga naman siya. I found the cause. Sadly, it was one of the travel blogs I frequently visits. Google stated that the blog acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware and some few malware codes na nagdulot din ng pagkasira ng utak ko somehow. I just deleted her site on my blog roll to avoid further damage to my site and to others. I waited for a few hours but the diagnostic page still shows malisyosa pa rin daw ang site ko. I clicked on Request for Review link on webmaster tools and slept since maraming nagsabi na matagal sila magreact. I prayed mapansin nila ang request ko kasi pinaghirapan ko lahat ng blog ko e. Come next day, yun na! Surprisingly, wala na siya. Yey!






I won't disclose the name of the site that caused this dilemma since paninirang puri talaga siya for me. I'm sure kung meron man mas affected dito, siya yun. Anyway, I was informed na aware naman na siya sa Breaking News na ito. Sana makatulong to sa ibang mga affected din at wala pang kamuang-muang kung pano tatanggalin. Who would want to have untrusted site anyway? Blog ko to. Blog nating lahat. Maki-baka at wag matakot. mwahahah! Goodluck guys! PM me if you have questions. I'm willing to help.



6 comments:

John Marx Velasco said...

Feeling ko nag-panic ka! Hehehe... Good thing ok na sya! :)

Kura said...

ay hindi. Relax na relax nga ako e. hahah! =) Grabe sa pagpapanic. Sumakit ang ulo ko dun. Pero buti na lang talaga ok na siya. Makakahinga na ko ng maluwag. thanks again!

Edcel said...

ito yung mga nakakainis! grrrr. -- may 'grrrrr' talaga. hehe.

pero yeah, i hate these malwares talaga. kaya rin ba naghigpit ka sa dapat may 'google' account ang magkocomment? heheh

Lakad Pilipinas said...

Oo nga may mga travel site din ako na-visit na may warning. Good thing naayos mo para sa aming "iilan" mo kamong readers =P

Christian
Lakad Pilipinas

Chyng said...

ilink ko tong blogpost mo sakin.. para magets nila bakit wala muna akong blogroll

Kura said...

@ed - naku hindi. may isang "FAN" (lol!) lang na nagmessage ng hindi maganda sakin. e anonymous siya. tingnan ko kung hanggang san ang tapang niya ngayon. hahaha!

@christian- hahah! korek. nakaka-praning din kasi baka hindi na buksan ang site ko ever pag hindi ko naayos. sayang ang effort. thanks!

@chyng - sure. sana maintidihan nila pinagsasasabi ko dun. hahaha! =)